1)Well fitted clothes- It’s the fit that makes the difference! A quick nip and tuck can make an ordinary dress look custom made. When you have clothing that fits you, you instantly look more expensive. And while you’re shopping, keep in mind that the simpler the garment, the easier (and cheaper) it is to tailor.
2)Wear Black- Whether it’s a black dress or a formal suit, black makes you look classy. Black is never out of style and goes with everything. You should always have one or two dresses of this amazing neutral color in your closet.
3) Crisp White shirt- A white shirt works for casual outfits and can look professional in an instant. Button-ups instantly make an outfit look more expensive. One thing you have to keep in mind when wearing a white button-up is to make sure it’s steamed or ironed!
4) Jackets and blazers: A fabulous jacket makes an instant outfit. Blazers add an instant polished look to any outfit. Collect a few of these- black, white, denim, leather, and even pink.
5)Create a smooth silhouette under your clothes- wear comfortable, well-fitted undergarments. Bra lines and visible panty lines are distracting and make your clothes look flimsy and ill-fitting. A little lightweight shapewear can also minimize those bumps and distractions, and make your clothes look instantly more luxe.
5)Pointed pumps — Women who wear flats or heels that are pointed have a look that screams expensive! Black or nude are popular colors that go with everything. They are considered wardrobe essentials. I love having glossy patent leather flats or pumps in whites as well.
6) Elegant watch- Just a time piece? Nah! It’s a style statement. My suggestion to you is to have branded ones. If you don’t want to spend too much buy at least one with a black leather strap(it goes literally with every outfit…from formal to casual)
7) Stunning lip color- Wear a lipcolor that has a colored tint, like red, coral or pink. Red is a classic lipcolor. It goes great with black and white. Wear a shade of red that looks good with your skin undertone. Red is my personal favorite. Red lips look sexy and bold, and exudes confidence.
8) Belts- Fashionable belts are the unsung heroes of many a wardrobe and that’s unfortunate. Depending on the outfit, a belt can easily pull an outfit together. Spice things up a bit by cinching your waist with a wide white belt and pair it with a white pair of heeled shoes, and voila! Instant chic and a look-at-me appearance is born. Always remember- An inexpensive dress can instantly be made
9) Jewelry- Wear jewelry that makes a statement.Fancy jewelry adds a polished look to any outfit. When your outfit is basic, like black pants and a white top, add a statement necklace, earrings or bracelet and you outfit instantly looks “glam”!
10) Have a structured bag- When you see a woman who looks poised and polished, she almost always is carrying a structured bag. It gives an outfit a “finished” look. I like to buy structured bags in neutral colors like black, white or tan because they’re the kind of colors that can transcend seasons and only gets better with age!
1)Match your shoes with your bag — A key to making your outfits look polished is coordinating your shoes and bag. Leopard flats or heels look great with a black or nude bag. When in doubt, keeping your accessories in the same color palette will ensure your look comes off as intentional, not haphazard.
2)Pressed, unwrinkled clothes-Taking the extra five minutes to steam or press your look will add instant polish to even your most worn-in wardrobe
3)Buy quality rather than quantity-If you are going to spend money on a piece, spend it wisely. When you buy an item for your wardrobe, make sure it is well-made and is a quality piece. Save money to buy that expensive piece rather than squandering on fadish junk.
4)Wear minimal makeup- Don’t have a cakey, patchy makeup. A little concealer, lip color and liner will give you the perfect look!
5)Attention to detail — Ensure that no threads are coming out of your outfit. If you spot a loose thread, give it a snip.
6)No outfit is complete without a luxe fragrance to match- Find a scent you love and apply it to your skin (never your clothing or hair) at major pulse points.