Updated: 3 days ago
Lately, #yogaskin has been much the beauty buzz on Instagram. Let me first give you an idea of what Yoga is. I like to make things very comprehensive, you see. So, what does Yoga mean? a Hindu spiritual and ascetic discipline, a part of which, including breath control, simple meditation, and the adoption of specific bodily postures, is widely practiced for health and relaxation. Ah! that much you already knew, isn’t it? But did you know Yoga literally means “union”? Union of our limited selves with the absolute self, philosophically, Religiously, psychologically, and emotionally. People all over the world are becoming a huge fan of Yoga because of its positive effects on the body- physically and mentally.
Unfortunately, not everyone has the patience to pursue Yoga as their daily exercising routine. My mother has been doing it for 15 years and I’ve seen her improve her flexibility, health, and glow on the face. But what if you’re more like me? Fast-paced, more into strength training, and happy-go-lucky kind. No Problem! I’ve gotten the secret to creating a potion by which you can have #Yogaskin. The Potion is a ‘Union’ of cosmetic products giving you radiant and supple skin.
The term ‘yoga skin’ was originally coined by UK makeup artist Sarah Hill, who is pretty much the expert on mastering the beauty technique.
Sara Hill says, “The yoga skin technique I created to make the skin look lit from within. Healthy, glowing, hydrated, radiant, sheer and natural. Skin that looks like skin at its very best.”
The steps are simple to follow and you get incredible results if you do it diligently. Let’s get to it:
1. Wash and cleanse your face as you do. Do your regular skincare(moisturize it).
2. Apply a small amount of primer (silicone-free).
3. Take 3 pumps of your favorite foundation liquid. Preferably sheer to medium (water-based). Not full coverage.
4. To this add 1 drop of skincare facial oil.
5. 1 generous drop of liquid highlighter or strobe cream. Golden tones work best for Indian skin tone.
6. Also, add 1 small drop of glow drops if you want your skin to look super shimmering (this step is optional).
7. Don’t use a brush. Massage the mixture into your skin using your hands. This gets the circulation flowing, relaxes you, de-puffs, and makes the base sit better too. The coverage is good and it doesn’t look cakey. I would recommend allowing time between layers(if you want that).
8. For any dark circles under the eyes, shadows around the nose or spots use a small amount of liquid concealer. Be cautious of not overdoing this step though. You can lightly powder to set concealer. Add cream blush and cream bronzer if you wish. And you can set your face overall with powder too, use a small fluffy brush to do this or puff and keep the powder to a minimum. This step is completely optional.
9. If you wish to use setting spray make sure it’s alcohol-free to give further hydration.
10. Add subtle pink color onto your lips….And you’re all set to rock!
No make-up #yogaskin look. Notice the shimmer!
It does work for me, and I’m sure it will work for you too. Though choosing products is a matter of individual choice, I would recommend buying organic products if you don’t want to cut corners buying Chanel products (suggested by Sarah Hill). I prefer using Arbonne cosmetics which are plant-based, gluten-free, and cruelty-free. MAC and Bobby Brown are expensive choices but can certainly be considered for good results.
I wish you healthy and glowing skin without much makeup. Please don’t forget to like the article if it was useful and do comment if it worked for you. And don’t forget to wear that smile. It adds to the glow on your face….Lots of love to you!